Thursday, October 18, 2007

Michael, We're bigger than US steel!

Congrats to BUDDY last night for taking down the MOOKIE last night. I went out when I got JJ vs QQ. I forget who I was up against but the hand went like this:

I pot utg for 175
he reraises pre to 450
folds to me I call... now he def could have an over pair here, so best to be cautious but I am going to see a flop heads up with JJ.

Flop comes Q x x - Now to figure out where I'm at, or more importantly where he is, I bet.. the pot is 960 and I put 800 into it.

He waits and smooths.. now, Obviously I put him on a big Ace, possibly AQ but i think he jams thte flop with AQ so the smooth call screams a bigger pair or an under pair...maybe 10's

We both check the turn...

The river brings x again and I just couldn't get unstuck from him having 10's... Slow playing QQ was discounted because there was one on the flop, and I figured his cautious and slow calls where the result of either 10 10 or a missed big Ace.

I checked the river m he put out a small bet, I jammed (sure of him having 10 -10 ) and he calls with QQ.. GG me

Anyway, I looked at the google analytics for my site and the strangest thing has happened. Crazy hits from Europe and the south pacific. Including thai land, Japan, and china.

I put word out of the BBT2 challenge to some colleagues and friends from EU and other places and it is spreading like wild fire... We'll see what the field brings but it should be a very fun time. I also have some pro friends who are likely to play all or most of the events... more on that shortly...

One more warm up for the start of the challenge is tonight on FT

Tournament: Riverchasers Online Poker Tour
When: Every Thursday. 21:00 ET
Game: NLHE DeepstackBuyin: $10+1
Password: Riverchasers

Get after it and see you there!

No comments: