Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let's be clear

So, the great Dawn Summers (one big F you to the mets fan, but a great big hug for my friend!) left a reply on my post about L O S T. She stated that she guessed they all died during the nuclear explosion.

No - They did not. Juliette did. Definitely. Charlie died when he died, Echo died when he did, and all the others, Sayid, etc. die when you saw them die.

My contention is that all of this was REAL. The plane crash happened. LOST happened, as they portrayed it through seasons 1-4. As Jack views the plane flying over in the final scene, I'll assume they made it off the Island and back to LA to live long happy and healthy lives. This is why Christian says, "some long after you". I also take it literally that Jack dies right there. Where he started. That's not to suggest that all of this happened in a nanosecond, or didn't happen at all, rather a dream Jack had. That's horseshit. I think it all happened, literally.

Again, Jack's father basically tells you it did when he says, in word's, "it was real." "You are all dead. Some before you, some long after you."

Now, I hear this morning on the radio that the show is releasing a whole series set of DVD's and included is about an hour's worth of coverage that includes the time period from when Hurley was #1 and Ben was his #2.

The show obviously had material to explain to us further all things about the Island. They chose not to. As I stated in the previous post, I think what was told was the greater story. NOT left for interpretation either.

That being said, I am interested in viewing the final, or additional footage between the time Jack dies and the time the last of them dies to finally being them all together to sideways world.

See that's what I'm thinking here.  They all died.  That was stated.  Desmond and Hurley collected them all up in sideways world after realizing that they knew what the deal was.   Maybe Hurley was the last to go in real life.  The group obviously had to wait for all of them to get there so that they could "move on".  Jacks father saying "well, there is no now" kinda helps wraps up the whole, what happens to Jack during the 40 years of separation between his death and Hurley's (just an example)? 

Whatever, this is the way I see it, and this is the way I can explain it and buy off on it and say I actually like the show.  I went through stages trying to figure it out.  I thought the show was horseshit about 3 weeks ago.  Now, I get it. 

I

4 comments:

Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Wow, hate to have to follow up that comment, but I just wanted to point out how ghey it is that you are spending this much time four full days after the finale ran in debating whether or not anything on the show actually ever happened. Not sure I can envision a better example of why the writers funked the show up than that.

Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Summers said...

LOL! Aww, cheer up Riggs, your guys are still in first! And you might even score a run tonight! *Might* ;)