Monday, October 12, 2009

GO PHILLIES

Cliff Lee pitches tonight. It's time to end this series and move on to the Dodgers.

Last night left me scratching my head. Why would Charlie allow Blanton to hit with 2 on and 1 out when he knew he would have to take him out in the next inning if he got behind. Which he did. I understand the bunt but you're talking about a guy who can't hit ever. Even Bunt, as he proved he couldn't by striking out.

Regardless, Lidge kept up his end of the bargain (Shocker) by closing out the 9th and giving he Phils game three. I think the bottom line here is if Charlie is going to keep using everyone and anyone, Lidge is going to have to be the guy.

Yeah I too saw the Utley foul off his leg and the call at first. That call shouldn't matter since it was clearly fouled off his leg but assuming it wasn't, I'm not so sure he wasn't safe. One angle showed that it could have been an out, and the other showed that it could have been safe. Neither here nor there really because the game is in the books.

The game starts in just about two hours and I'll be parked in front of the tv watching and rooting. So will she :)


No comments: