Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Eagles, the boys, and the cheat

So i switched the usual Friday night game to Saturday, because the Eagles were playing the Saints, and figureed it would be a good way to watch and play in peace...

8 were scheduled to play, but only 5 showed up... The others wanted to watch the game first without any distractions, so we played without them...

Saying I absolutely killed it would be an understatement... 5 handed, I was dealt Aces 6 times, AK about 5, and marginal hands hit the shit out of the flop when I played them... (I craked Aces with K9 clubs, in the big blind, only because the bettor asked for my action)

one guy was particulary taking it hard. Prob down about $100 on the night, and was already on a $50 marker. He's not a good player... particularly tight, weak when he does get a premium starting hand, and is easy to outplay. But he seemed to have something stuck up his ass...

Towards the end, we started playing Omaha Hi P/L... I killed two pots when I hit a bigger FH to another players FH. But also donked off about $30 on the flop to two pot raises when I hit my set, and got repottted by 2 others who had flopped the nut straight... I got away from it, but still cost me $30.

Here is where it gets sticky. I call a pot raise preflop with A 5 K Q double suited, with 2 callers. Flop comes A 5 8... I pot bet, with both calling...

Turn comes another 5 I check, mr. t/w checks, and 3rd guy bets pot... I reraise pot which puts Mr. t/w all in... 3rd folds his trips, and we show down...

Of course I put t/w on 88... he never moves without the best hand, so it surprised me when he went into the tank for about 2 minutes.

He looks at my hand and said, I can't believe you didn't deal yourself Aces again. (I was dealing)...

It didn't strike me as a shot, but I did state that i was dead to two outs...
Bing bang boom, I burn and turn the Ace...

NOW... this fella is an olde gentleman... but he loses it like none I've ever seen. Says that if he can't win a hand like that, he doesn't deserve to play! and that he would no longer be coming here... Then he says it...

"If I didn't trust you, you'd be shot right now"... One of the other players told him to calm down a little, nothing happened, he saw me tear two off the top. Everyone else had lost that night. Two guys walked out broke, two walked out -$30, and I took it all... but to be called a cheater is rough... Normally, he'd be drinking bolgne milkshakes for the rest of the week, but I was so taken aback by the fact that it was this guy...

a retired guy, who enjoys life, loves the game, etc. etc...

I didn't address the accusation other than saying, listen, I wouldn't begin to know how to do what you are accussing me of, so go easy before you offend someone... including the others in the room...

It was the first time I really witnessed anything like it. I've seen guys accuse others of cheating before bu it always was from a guy who was just pissed off and being a dick.. no direct accusation... but this was different..

Anyway, it was a crazy night, and I think that I will invite him back.. We usually see around 40 different guys there in the rotation... about 9 per night, and he is usaually one of the steadys, but I'm not sure if I'll invite him back...

No comments: