Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blogger Donkament

I was made aware of this tourny several weeks ago, and probably already new about it by reading several blogs over the last couple of months. I had cancelled the reglar friday night HQ game, which I am getting a lot of shit for because the locals need their fix...

anywho, I jumped into Kats Friday night Blogament which is a $1 entry, unlimited rebuys, and an add on. there were 17 of us, and I got there 1 hand late...

Hoy was at my table and I jokingly asked him what the rules where... As I typed the question I watched the first three players shove all-in... asked and answered. Hoy wrote someting about donking off and getting some good therapy in the process...

Right before the first break I was at 40k n chips.. there were about 60 rebuys, and everybody added on. I think this was mandatory (at least fair!) so I obliged, even though you only got 1500 in chips and I had twice the amount than second place... (Love it!!)

I have to say I laughed the whole way through the first hour... almost uncontrolablly as I watched the best hand after best hand lose... In a three way pot I called all in with Jh8h against AK A8 Aq and I think 10 10 only to river the flush...

Then fishiwa sternly suggests that I should be calling every hand because of my stack size.. so I oblige.. with 6 3o... flop comes A 5 4... he shoves the flop, I call and turn a deuce... NUTS!!!

Which he didn't seem to like all that good.... and attempted to place a prop bet that I wouldn't cash... (he wishes someone took the action!)

Well, it seemed that all my suckout powers were awarded to me pre break... as I shove a raise against ? who held TPTK to my OESD and 4 to a flush which didn't get there... then my QQ lost to AK, and I was relegated to 3rd in chips with 4 left... My AQ got outdrawn by AJ and I was busto...

I've never had more fun playing a tournament, and Hoy was right in saying that it is theraputic.. man did I have fun, and I suggest everyone try this one out at least once!

17 players = 60 rebuys!!! absolute Gold!

No comments: