Saturday, July 14, 2007

WSOP II

So the next morning I play in the Tournament at the Trop again with griff... I'm relegated to the rail shortly after the first break, and decide to head over to the MGM where Dennis is playing a limit game again... I sit down at the 2/5 table and proceed to just get crushed...

I don't normally like to play a lot of hands in the first hour so that I can get a feel for the table. The max buy-in was $500, which I did, and there were at least 3 people sitting there with over 2k in chips. One guy had less than 200 less when this happened...

I'm in the BB with K 8o.. 4 limp to me and I check... Flop is A 8 K... I let out first to act for 20, and the next guy raises me to 60. Now, breaking my own rules, I decide that he has an Ace and decide to get him off of his hand right there. I watched this guy lose about 2/3's of his stack with second pair so I'm fairly sure he will call. So I jack it to $150 which ultimately puts the rest of him in if he calls, which he does, and shows A 3... River hits the 3 and I'm down just about 300.

Another shorty raise to 20 with 22... I call with AJ soooted.... I hit the J on a junk flop, move him all in, he CALLS, and he spikes the two outer on the turn... so sick...

So I decide that table just isn't working out for me, and head back to the room to get ready for the Allin Party. the party was fantastic... I had a meeting with Rod from Allin energy drink, johhny chan, who is backing it, Layne flack about a cigar deal, Beth Fischman about some other things, and Jason from poker wire.

Dennis had a great time meeting all of the pros and hanging out just drinking and getting advice from these guys for his first day in the Main event... you can see pictures here...

http://www.riverchasers.com/PhotoGallery/tabid/510/Default.aspx

Tex Barch and his wife were also at our table and having a great time with Griff and V. they decided to head over to Tryst at the Wynn with those guys and have some fun. I was relegated to the NLOP guys for yet another meeting, and then went back to the room, all the while receiving a pile of texts from Griff and V about how much fun they were having, how Ivey was on his way, and if I wanted to join them at the hard rock...

The next morning was check out and getting Dennis to the Rio to start his expedition into the world of Poker Greatness... Griff and V headed straight for the airport, and I changed my flight for a red eye so that I could be with Dennis most of the day.

I ran into several people while I was there outside waiting for breaks to check on Dennis... Dr. Pauly was really cool, meeting him again and having him check on Dennis for me. I ran into Lucko and Sprstoner at break, as both were doing well in the earlier parts, and I also ran into a fellow Riverchaser who I spent the rest of the day with, eating, drinking and playing pool at the tilted kilt...

Dennis was sitting at the table with Hal Lubarsky, a blind guy who ESPN had cameras on all day. D was doing well most of the day getting up to as high as 40k in chips. when I left for the airport, he was hovering around 37k. My flight was delayed and he called me to tell me he had busted right before the day had ended...

Unlucky for him, he caught a set of aces from the bb only to be called down and rivered by a pocket pair on the riv to boat him... then his KK got cracked, and then his 10 10 shove was called by the big stack at the table holding AJ... His dreams, and mine were ended when the J hit.

I got on my flight, and slept the whole way home... It was a fantastic trip and I look forward to next year when we put many more into the main event... It truly is the opportunity of a life time for free rollers who would other wise just want to pocket the 10k.

Dennis was very appreciative, and represented the tour well. Good show young man! Good show!

No comments: