Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Am I to be bathed, or Drowned?

I spent the day at the Borgata yesterday figuring out the schedule for the Summer Open. It will be a very cool gig and people should be playing, or at least following the action. Which you will be able to do here.

It was a long exhausting day, and I didn't play one hand. When we finally got everything sorted out, I headed home just in time to play the noskillz event.

I wasn't to high on the idea of playing, but since we are in the last week of qualifying, and participation has been down a bit, I figured I would give it my support.

I chipped up rather nicely, hitting flops and having my hands hold up. I had a few suckouts against me and called off one too many bets with two pair or less on coordinated boards, but that was just to keep some honest.

I hit a big double up to about 7k in chips with around 30 left and got into the top 5 of chip leaders.

Then I woke up.

That's right. I woke up. Approximately around 6am. And I had no idea where I was. I was still sitting up on the couch hand on the touch pad, as if I had played in my sleep. The laptop had shutoff from the battery running down.

When I logged on, I saw that I finished in 12th. There was some IM's as well...

pokerenthusiast: LOL YOU FELL ASLEEP!

kat: Hit me up when you're back


I didn't feel particularly tired when I got home. With the exception of falling asleep a few times on the way home (which is a common occurrence), I felt pretty good.

Had some conversations on the phone, helped a neighbor put in a water line for his new fridge, and put the kids to bed. Then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM... X's for eyes. I wonder if the wife slipped a mickey in my evening scotch.

Now, normally, this isn't a big deal. But I was running good, and felt somewhere along the line that the standard 2 and 3 outers might be able to be avoided this time around.

That leaves the Mookie tonight, and the brit and big game on sun. I think I'll be able to make the sun games and I'll def play the Mookie tonight.

Hope to see you all there!


Heffmike said...

dude, Al miscounted weeks, you've got another week of tourneys to go.

Mook/Brit/RC/Skillz Stud/Mook/Brit/BigGame, if I'm counting right.

smokkee said...

too funny