Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Borgata Main Event - Winter Open

The Main evet is humming along, and thhe crew have left the premises for today. We will be back tomorrow to give you the final 27, or whatever they play down to tonight. I believe Al will still be posting today on the wordpress blog, with updates he gets through our contacts down there, we'll see what transpires.

We left last night after play stopped at about 12:30am, and headed back west. Problem was that it had been snowing most of the night. Probably a good 3 inches, and was still snowing pretty hard.

Our biggest worry was my ability to stay asleep, but of course, we have dealt with that before, so, no big deal.

The snow was fun at first. I was doing doughnuts in the parking lot of the Borgata while Al was asking, or stating rather, that I was 12. I laughed with a child like "weeeeeeeeeee" as I kept accelarating ad then yanking up the emergency break into fish tails. What fun!

The ride home proved a little more exhausting trying to focus on how to stay in the lanes when it was snow covered. Top speed was 40 which made a usual 2 hour ride into 4 and half. It was fun but very painful. Kind a like Jack frost giving you head while wearing braces. Painful cause he's wearing braces, and well, Jack implies that it was a guy. Fun because, well, it's still head!

Ayway, I want to thank Smokkee for coming out and giving us a hand. He had a great time and paid for more than his trip out here with the juicy cash tables at Borg. East coast players are such blasters! I also want to thank the TV crew for filming the interviews that you don't even know exist yet because we haven't gotten them up. But they are coming. I promise. Chris Short of Short productions, and Jeff Shurilla were excellent and provided some very good content that I'm sure you will all enjoy.

The Borg put on another incredible show that was met with comments like, "this is really the best tournament in the country by far", so said Eric Lynch. He was speaking directly about the structure. He also stated that the guarantee was a huge part of it. It was a $2 million guarantee which they blew out of the water as they always do.

A lot of big names were there and they all said the same thing. The B is probably going to do the same thing in June and everyone here said they were definately coming back.

I got some really good one on one interviews with some bigger names and will finish the post on the state of poker by this weekend. I lose my seeding abilities after friday so I'll have the time to do it. If you don't know what I am talking about then you don't know me. So figure it out.

Check the wordpress site for updates. Tomorrow will be a interesting for sure.

4 comments:

Irongirl01 said...

your getting snipped???

Riggstad said...

I think I've done more than my fair share of populating the world? No?

Tom McMenamin said...

Our biggest worry was my ability to stay asleep, but of course, we have dealt with that before, so, no big deal.

Nothing like a 4 1/2 hr drive to interupt your sleeping patterns. One little bump and you might've woken up.

BamBam said...

I had to cut and paste part of this for memory purposes.

"Painful cause he's wearing braces, and well, Jack implies that it was a guy. Fun because, well, it's still head!"

Just so when I walk up to you and smack you around right off the bat the next time we get together, you'll know EXACTLY why I am doing it.

Sheeeeeeeeesh !