Thursday, April 24, 2008

So you all will know the seriousness of my warning, I shall say this in English.

As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time!


I just love that movie!

A few others I wanted to add to the frey from my top ten the other day.. and there really just isn't enough room in the top ten to encompass all of them...

Flamingo Kid - "you kow you have a space between your teeth?"... "You know you have a big fucking nose?"

Kill Bill - both volumes

Pulp Fiction - "lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet"

I could fill this page, but lets just get on to the topic at hand... which is railing!

As we play and watch others from the community do well, its amazing to me how a rail from friends really sends people into a higher level of performance. And I think it really does. You start to play just sitting there folding and raising, but mostly folding. Catching nothing and feeling bored and losing interest. I'm not writing about blogger tournies either. I'm talking about the regular MTT's we play on a regular basis.

You manage to get your way through 3 breaks on fumes, but quickly deciding that the show you are watching, or whatever else you have going on around you, is more interesting than the prospect of folding for another hour and hopefully have your aces hold up when you finally do get them.

Then, out of nowhere, some iif's show up and start typing "goooooooooooo you". All os a sudden you feel into it again. You have an audience that makes you feel happy, special, and valued. These comments of encouragement get you excited again, and almost act as a catalyst for the RNG to produce great cards for you. Your interest peaks, and you are now not only playing for the cash, and the win, but for all those who show interest in your success.

These "railers" come without expectation and you don't feel any pressure. You get almost an over inflated sense of confidence knowing that with the cheers and support along the rail, that nothign bad can happen. No suckouts will be coming, your premium hands will prevail, and the best scenarious of having some one run a bluff into your made hands will happen.

You get a sense that staying up until 4am is well worth the lack of sleep if only to show gratitude to your railers by actaully final tabling, or even winning.

As a railer, you feel part of the action. You become part of each and every outcome, and somehoe have made an impact on the players success. Its a very real feeling that brings you back to show support, and hopefully get some when its your turn to play. It also may bring a sense of pride to be the one railing a player who is obviously doing well, and to be associated with someone who can actually play.

Usually the rail doesnt come until late in the game, which offers an even greater sense of commraderie a the player. You made it, and are now able to offer the value, and entertainment to those who have railed you before. and to those whom you will rail when its their turn.

Does any of this ring true for any of you? Do the friends railing offer you a better environment to perform at a higher level? Either way, I know its in the very least, a lot more fun. There is no doubt about that, and maybe its just as simple a that.

9 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

GHEY!

BWoP said...

I have no idea. I never run deep in tourneys.

But it is nice to have the support of the railbirds!

BamBam said...

BAM-BAM....BAM-BAM-BAM !!!!!!!
Goooooooooooooooooooo Riggs

& of course......

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !!!!!!

Everytime someone shows up to rail me, I'm amazed, surprised, shocked and flattered.

I approve of this post too!
I see the fun in it.

Donkette said...

There you go getting in my head again...... I know for me everytime some rails it's a sense of pride and I feel as if I finally belong in the blogger community.

Unknown said...

Donkette is 100% correct. Railing helps you become not only a member of the community but people are more likely to rail you if you rail them!

Also nothing is better to hear than BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Shrike said...

I can only say "Yaaaaaaar!"

(That's pirate for "yes".)

Anonymous said...

Having any of the iif's jump on one of my tables and offer a "GOOOOOOO Nutz" or anything like that is amazing. You are totally right.

It's the blogger secret weapon of mass success.

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

jjok said...

I suck with a rail.....period.

Not that I ever need one to begin with.

wurd.

1 week punk!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy the shouts from the rail. Especially Al, since everytime I've won a MTT he's been there :)