Friday, May 15, 2009

First place is a new Cadillac, second place is a set of steak knives, third place is... you're fired

I like that quote. It encourages winning. I think we should use this more in the T-ball leagues. Instead of everyone gets an at bat, and a standing applause for accidentally knocking the ball off the "T", we should be vilifying the little fuckers for being so inept at eye/ hand coordination.

Ok, that's a little harsh. Maybe they just get banished to the cage until they get get some chops.

Last night I was reading upstairs with the boy before his bedtime. It was about 7:30. I read mine, he reads his. Actually, he doesn't read. He just looks at the shapes, colors, letters, and numbers, and screams for my attention.

We both fell asleep at around 7:45pm. I never woke up until 6:30 this morning. I think that's the first time that has happened for me in about 15 years.

Now, you would think that I would be all full of energy and life, raring to go! Unfortunately, I'm a little salty. I'm awake, and energized, and not feeling exhausted. But I'm a little cranky. Go figure.

We'll see what the day brings.

2 comments:

1Queens Up1 said...

Getting old = walking up crotchety.

Congrats!

jamyhawk said...

I NEED the leads. The glenngary leads.

PUT THE COFFEE DOWN! Coffee's for closers.

I closed Patel!

One of my favorite movies.

And there is such a thing as too much sleep. anything over 7 hours and I get cranky too. Feel like I missed out on getting something done.