Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm dying here

It has been brutal to say the least so far this weekend...

I've been doing well in the cash games at all levels.. .25/.50 all the way up to 2/4

I usually don't play the ring games on-line because I have zero patience and usually uber blast giving no one any credit for any hands, or at least giving them credit to lay down top pair with no kicker to a $250 bet on a three suited river, but alas, they are all donks...

Anyway I have played straight this weekend and have been rewarded for good play. Of course I caught super luck in a .50/1 game when I flopped quads (77) against 2 opponents.

I checked the flop, and the turn came a 3rd spade. One min bet from one and a min raise from another brought my flat calling "skills" to life and the river brought a beautiful 8 boating player 3.

So on a board of 7 7 x y 8 , with three spades on the turn and only one min bet and raise on the turn totaling the pot to about $10, Mr Boat, who had about $50 in front of him min raises again.

Mr K high flush decides its time to put $20 into the middle with a K high flush to a paired board, and I shove it all (having them both covered). Both call off all of their stacks and I sweep a pot of about $140 with quads. Fun times.

One leak I have noticed in my game that has surfaced before, and will probably surface again is turn betting. Once hitting the flop and getting a smooth call, I think its important to hit the turn again, at least heads up everytime to draw heavy flops. Too many times I have checked that turn and then the river when the draw is made only to be checked down and have a bigger pair or kicker take a pot down where if I turned bet, would have easily taken a significant pot.

I call that playing ghey....


For your viewing pleasure, and it being NBA all star weekend, get a glimpse of these dirty little girls. Enjoy your Sunday and to those playing in the Majors, good luck...

Oh, and an update....

My daughters team beat us yesterday by a point to take the last playoff spot. What a friggin game. There were three lead changes in the last minute of the game. Thinking about the game being played by 9 year old girls and a total score of 21-20, those lead changes in that amount of time is sick...

She plays her first playoff game today at 1. I planned on playing a lot of poker today, but that will have to wait until I get back from the game.

Additionally, I am ditching 2 of the 4 kids today on the parents and should have a much easier night.

No comments: