Tuesday, October 23, 2007

CREW! (shoot 'em!) CREW!

14th out of 82 last night at the HOY. I was short for a good 40 minutes and managed to shove my way up another 4k at one point. I entered table 3 with 5k in chips. I shoved anytime I had AQ or better utg or later, any pair utg or better, any suited raggy Ace in the Cutoff or later, and opted to fold A 10 once (correctly) when there was a raise and rereaise behind them.

I managed to get back up to 6k only to lose the race with Waffles when his 99 held against my open shove with AK... GG me.

One particular hand that I received some guff for was early on... I had built up to a pretty good stack early, first level around 3900. I was getting cards and decided to play them rather aggressively... QQ, JJ, AK, and so on, never really getting past flop bets.

I had to fold JJ once after some flop action and I had to fold AK after reraising the flop to see where I was which brought me down to under 2400 in chips.

At this point I go on to fold for a good 30 minutes. And when the hand in question occurs I check my hand stats... 12 hands out of 87 played.

I raise from the cutoff with AQ, BB calls (he has 4500+ in chips) ... flop brings an Ace...
He checks, I pot it, and he reraises to about 1000 more...

His smooth call pre didn't tell me AK at all. Not for one second did I even consider that hand, at worst I figured he may have hit his rag kicker, but I also just commited about 1/2 of my stack with the preflop and flop raises so I'm not going away.

I shove all in, he insta calls, and shows AK... I spike a Q on the turn and scoop the pot...

He then asks "you didn't put me on AK?"... I told him the smooth call screamed absolutely not, and he stated i was being very aggressive ans hoped to trap me into a hand such as that one...

The problem was I hadn't played a hand in about 20 of them. I was being aggressive early on, but with premium starting hands, and knocked that off when it got cold.

Obviously I got lucky hitting the Queen, I just don't see how I can put him on AK there...

He has a bigger stack, he calls from the bb to a pot raise from the cutoff, I call his re and I'm basically in, sure he could have hit his rag kicker putting me behind to a Q again, but I made the decision. I had nothing left after the flop raise, at least not enough to justify folding there, IMO...

I didn't screen shot it, and I don't remember the opponents ID (pk something)...

Bottom line is he tried to trap and it worked perfectly... I had no reason to think he has AK there. So I was outplayed, and then outdrew him... So be it.

the point is there is no way I'm folding after my flop raise with my short stack already 1/2 or 1/3 even committed... Its still early on and with that much in the pot and my pre flop aggression just called, My TP SK is going in. I am not trying to hold on there with less than 1k in chips left after a fold to a re...

I stick it in.. if its good I move on, if its not, I stop wasting time playing shorty very early...

3 comments:

corron10 said...

for the first time in a while, I was outplayed last nite. At least you got deep for a shot.

there seem to be a different virtual smell in the air last night that i wasnt comfortable with...

Golden said...

I have to give you props and respect for how you play and how you report on your blog. Very accurate.

My ID is PKPNF which stands for Professional Keno Player Neil Fontenot, who is a character that Dr. Pauly uses in his blog on occasion. Just having fun with it.

Anyway, I have no problem with you spiking a Q on the turn to cut my stack in half. Happens all the time. It happened to me all night long and one does get tired of it as you can understand and as you describe in some of your previous blog posts.

Good game and good luck.

Riggstad said...

Thanks Brother... as we all hate it when it happens to us.

My only wish was that I could've doubled again and be able to make a few moves past 14th...

See you in the upcoming ones and hope you do well