Wednesday, January 3, 2007

$25,000 Guarantee

I played in the Tilt $25,000 Guarantee last night at the request of a friend who happen to ping me via messenger about 10 minutes before. I was already playing a ring game, and sort of falling asleep so I agreed...

He asked to chop together whatever we took in, so I agreed to that as well. I normally don't like doing that but it was a small tourny ($24+ $2) and he tends to get far in these little tourny's with his very aggressive style.

we were mid way thru the tourny, (started with 1,800 players) and I watch him raise to $650, UTG...blinds were 100/200 at this point...

4 players go all in behind him, 2 of which have him covered... He pings and says he has AK.... I tell him he can't call, he says "really?", and yet he does anyway. Of course to AA, QQ, and the short had AQ.

He loves to state that he'll go broke with AK everytime. I think this is such a lack of experience. I see this in a lot of players who have less than 4 years of experience, and still think this game is about ego, luck, and position (because they read in a book somewhere that position is important)...

I am virtually card dead for about another hour. I'm really short, about 2k to the average of 5k...

I pick up 66 in 4th position.. I small stack UTG moves all-in. next to act calls (he is a big stack). I get really good odds here, and no way I survive another round of blinds.. I move, and big calls (with aces, or course)...

I went out around 300 or so, about 60 off of the money... I liked the tourny itself, and will probably play it more often.

On-line poker is basically new to the types I am playing with in the weekly home games. and they are having a ball... Alot are playing the mini SNGs for tokens to get into these large type events and are having good success winning the tokens...

I don't like the token sngs... Its easier for me to just pay the $24+2 to enter the tournament then to play an $8 sng to obtain the token....

1 comment:

Adreana Joseph said...

Free fortnite gift card codes a free way to get codes. Don't forget to visit this link this is a limited opportunity